Welcome to our Community!
Thank you for visiting the Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver online. We hope that our website highlights the wide variety of service opportunities, worship, and fellowship available. Read more about our community and church on this site, or come in for a visit.
Καλώς ήλθατε στην ιστοσελίδα της Ελληνικής Ορθόδοξης Κοινότητας Ανατολικού Βανκούβερ!
Program of Divine Services -
Click Below & Join Us!
Prayers for Health - Blessing of the Bread Service
for St. Nicholas Day (December 6)
On December 6th, our Church celebrates the memory of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. Just like last year, our Community will be having the Blessing of the Bread/Prayers for Health service for St. Nicholas Day at the end of the Divine Liturgy.
If you would like to add names of your family and friends to the Blessing service for health and salvation, please call our office and speak with the Office Administrator.
Any donations gathered for this service will be given to the Community. Receipts for income tax purposes will be issued to all who donate.
If you would like more information, please email Fr. Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In advance, Many thanks in advance for your kindness!
May God bless you and yours abundantly!
WE ARE HERE !
Come worship with us, join our programs and
be a part of our Community!
COVID-19 & our Community
With our province still in Stage 3, our Community will be taking the following measures to be safe and sensitive to all worshiping at our Church:
1. Masks: Everyone is to enter the Church Narthex (candles area) with masks.
2. Sanitizing: Everyone must sanitize their hands. No exceptions.
3. Attendance: Pre-registration is no longer required.
4. Cleaning: The Church will be sanitized after every service.
5. Worship: Fr. Tim will have a mask on when distributing antidoron. Antidoron will be wrapped up.
6. Altar Boys/Volunteers: We will only have 3 or 4 people in the Altar, including the Clergy. Everyone who serves in the Altar is to wear a mask.
7. Chanters: Only 1 chanter per side. No exceptions.
8. Coffee hour: No coffee hour will happen for now, as usual during summer months.
9. Offerings: All tray collections will be done after Liturgy in the front, as you leave the Church.
While we are in a much better place than pre-circuit-breaker, all of us still need to be cognizant of the fact that (a) COVID is not gone (although numbers are better), (b) not everyone is vaccinated with two shots and, (c) there are still vulnerable people out there.
Everyone should feel as comfortable as possible coming back to Church, our spiritual home. We believe this hybrid approach is fair and well-balanced: precautions taken, but not to an extreme (just like during the circuit-breaker, when it was needed for the public's well-being).
We can do this - with God's help and working together.
Keep the Faith. Stay healthy. Stay safe.